For the film that the series is based on, see My Babysitter's a Vampire.
|My Babysitter's A Vampire|
|Developed by||Jennifer Pertsch
Tom McGillis Tim Burns
|Opening theme||"Girl Next Door", performed by Copperpot|
|Ending theme||"Girl Next Door"|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Bob Higgins|
|Camera setup||Film; Single-camera|
|Running time||20-25 minutes|
|Production company(s)||FremantleMedia Enterprises|
(Canada) Disney Channel (United States)/(United Kingdom)
|Original airing||February 28, 2011 – present|
March 14, 2011 – present
|Preceded by||My Babysitter's a Vampire (pilot film)|
My Babysitter's a Vampire is a 2011 Canadian television series, based on the television film of the same name. In Canada, the series premiered on Télétoon, in French, on February 28, 2011 and Teletoon, in English, on March 14, 2011. In the United States, it premiered on Disney Channel on June 27, 2011. A second season was confirmed to start production in September 2011.
The show was created by Fresh TV, creators of 6teen and Total Drama. The show follows Ethan Morgan (Matthew Knight), who, in the television film, learns that his babysitter Sarah (Vanessa Morgan) is a vampire. In the film, he learns he is able to have visions and his best friend Benny Weir (Atticus Mitchell) is a spellmaster. The series follows the three as they take on supernatural forces including zombies, demons, ghosts, witches, and other creatures taking over their high school.
Further information: My Babysitter's a VampireThe series follows the adventures of a geeky freshman boy named Ethan Morgan (Matthew Knight), a Seer who has visions when he touches anything paranormal, his best friend Benny (Atticus Mitchell), a spellmaster, and his vampire babysitter Sarah (Vanessa Morgan) as they chase down supernatural forces. They are often aided by Rory (Cameron Kennedy), their dorky friend who was turned into a vampire in the pilot film, and Erica (Kate Todd), Sarah's best friend, who also became a vampire in the pilot film.
Further information: List of My Babysitter's a Vampire characters=== Main characters=== (Left to right) Matthew Knight as Ethan, Vanessa Morgan as Sarah, and Atticus Mitchell as Benny*Ethan Morgan (Matthew Knight) is book-smart but lacks social skills. Awkward but well-meaning, he finds himself lost when navigating the complex social waters of high school. He is brave and loyal enough to put himself in danger for those he cares about. He seems to be understood the most by his best friend Benny and shares some of Benny's girl-crazy tendencies. Ethan is a Seer, able to see visions through touch. He relies on this gift to defeat the supernatural but continues learning how it works and how best to use it in his life.
- Sarah (Vanessa Morgan) is one of Ethan's friends and Jane's babysitter. In the beginning of the series, she is a "fledgling" (a vampire who has not drunk human blood) which makes her neither fully human nor fully a vampire. This state of limbo causes Sarah much confusion and irritation. She tries to be a normal teenager, though mostly unsuccessful. Sarah, in addition to her supernatural powers, has excellent fighting skills. In the first season finale, Sarah becomes a full vampire after saving Ethan from a vampire bite that would have turned him into a fledgling.
- Benny Weir (Atticus Mitchell) is Ethan's best friend. He is similar to Ethan, book-smart with an encyclopedic knowledge of science fiction, comic books and video games. Benny is girl-crazy, however, he has one enduring crush on Erica, who considers him a geek. Benny can cast spells and is a "Spellmaster" which he seems to have inherited from his "Earth Priestess" grandmother. Benny's magic is, at best, hit or miss and he struggles with how to most effectively use it.
- Rory (Cameron Kennedy) is a newly-turned vampire and he revels in the novelty of this role. As a human, Rory was (and somewhat still is) a nerd. He is considered even more immature than Ethan and Benny and is quite dimwitted. Sweet and earnest, he also lacks scruples and involves himself in his friends' adventures, largely according to his own whims and needs. Like Ethan and Benny, Rory is generally girl-crazy, but has an open crush on Erica who toys with his affections to suit her own needs.
- Erica (Kate Todd) is Sarah's best friend and a vampire who, like Rory, takes to this role joyously and without too much thought about its moral implications. Erica was a harassed nerd before her transformation and lives up to the sexy and dangerous vampire stereotype. She enjoys the power she has over Benny and Rory due to their crushes on her. Although she is conceited and manipulative, Erica is shown to genuinely care for Sarah and is affectionate towards her.
- Samantha Morgan (Laura DeCarteret) is Ethan's mother.
- Ross Morgan (Ari Cohen) is Ethan's father.
- Grandma (Joan Gregson) is Benny's "Earth Priestess" grandmother.
- Jane Morgan (Ella Jonas Farlinger) is Ethan's 8-year-old manipulative yet kind-hearted little sister.
- Principal Hicks (Hrant Alianak) is the principal of Whitechapel High.
Main article: List of My Babysitter's a Vampire episodes
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|Film||October 9, 2010 (Teletoon)
October 16, 2010 (Télétoon) June 10, 2011 (Disney Channel)
|1||13||March 14, 2011 (Teletoon)
February 28, 2011 (Télétoon) June 27, 2011 (Disney Channel)
|July 19, 2011 (Disney Channel)|
|2||13 ||2012 (Teletoon)
TBA (Télétoon) TBA (Disney Channel)
TBA (Télétoon) TBA(Disney Channel)
Main article: My Babysitter's a VampireMy Babysitter's a Vampire aired on October 9, 2010, on the Canadian television channel Teletoon. The French version of the film aired on Teletoon's French-Canadian counterpart, Télétoon, on October 16, 2010. It premiered in the United States on the Disney Channel on June 10, 2011.
|2011||Gemini Award||Best Dramatic Mini-Series or TV Movie||Nominated||N/A|
|2011||Gemini Award||Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Supporting Role in a Dramatic Program or Mini-Series||Nominated||Atticus Mitchell|
|2011||Directors Guild of Canada Award||Best Direction in a Television Movie or Mini-Series||Nominated||Bruce McDonald|
|2011||Directors Guild of Canada Award||Best Production Design in a Television Movie or Mini-Series||Nominated||Ingrid Jurek|
|2011||Directors Guild of Canada Award||Best Sound Editing in a Television Movie or Mini-Series||Nominated||Robert Hegedus, Marvyn Dennis, Kevin Howard, Mark Beck, Gren-Erich Zwicker, and Richard Calistan|
|Country/Region||Channel||Series premiere||Title in country||References|
|Canada||Télétoon||February 28, 2011||Ma gardienne est un vampire|||
|Teletoon||March 14, 2011||My Babysitter's a Vampire|||
|United States||Disney Channel||June 27, 2011||My Babysitter's a Vampire|||
|United Kingdom||Disney Channel UK||September 30, 2011||My Babysitter's a Vampire|||
|France||Canal J||April 23, 2011||Ma Baby-sitter est un vampire|
|Czech Republic||Disney Channel Czech||October 15, 2011||My Babysitter's a Vampire|